Block Call Android Jelly Bean
Block Phone Calls on Android from http://howtotechguru.com/block-phone-calls-on-android/1086
Annoyed with too many spam calls and want to block phone calls? You can always call up your service provider and request them to enable Do-Not-Disturb mode. But what if you have added someone as friend and want to block phone calls from a particular user.
Most phones come with this feature and Android phones are not different. There are few additional features. Follow the following steps to block phone calls from known or unknown or series starting with or ending with certain number.
- Go to ‘Call Logs’ on your Android device.
- Select ‘Call settings’
- Tap on ‘Call rejection’
- Enable ‘Auto reject mode’ this will give you an option to modify ‘Auto reject list’
- Selecting Unknown will block phone calls from all unknown numbers.
- You can create your own block list or select Match criteria where you have an option to select ‘Same As’, ‘Starts with’, ‘Ends with’ and ‘includes’. All that you need to enter is part of the number here and when you get a call your device will auto detect these number and will do the job for you.
- All rejected calls will appear in your call log as shown.
- And to the person who is calling you, he or she will get a message saying ‘You are busy with another call’.
- If you have got Android Jelly Bean update and above then there is something called ‘Blocking Mode’ which can be enabled, but this will block all calls and will appear to others as though you are busy all the time.
This is an inbuilt feature and you don’t have to unnecessary waste money or memory in installing apps from Play store. Always, try exploring all built-in features than using third party apps as these built-in features are usually optimized by Android operating system for highest performance than the third party apps. Let me know what third party app have you been using just to block calls from unknown or known numbers by leaving a comment.